Extended to May 26, 2017
Youth writers age 19 and under are invited to submit a screenplay or stage play for consideration in Encore! Tulsa's Summer 2017 Play & Film Festival. Selected scripts will be produced through the Summer 2017 Theatre & Film Academy. Writers are not required to enroll in the summer camp in order to submit a script for consideration. However, if you wish to be involved in the production of your play as an actor, director, crew, etc. you must apply for the program.
- The theme of the festival is "The road less traveled." Use the poem, The Road Not Taken, by Robert Frost as inspiration for your script. Scripts may be comic or dramatic, but an interpretation of or reference to "the road less traveled" must be highlighted in the script.
- Scripts should not exceed 10 minutes in running time.
- There should be no more than five characters in a script.
- Sets, props, costumes, lights, and sound should be kept to a minimum, as these plays/films will be produced on a very small budget.
- Scripts should be submitted in a standard screen play or stage play format, with numbered pages. A cover sheet listing the title, writer's name, synopsis, characters, and/or setting is helpful. Please save your file in PDF format.
- Selected scripts will be produced by youth students, so please keep your material age-appropriate.
- Writers may submit up to two scripts (two screen plays, two stage plays, or one of each).
- Selected writers will receive a $25 scholarship to be used toward any 2017 Summer Camp, plus a free ticket to attend the Play & Film Festival on August 5.
PLEASE EMAIL SCRIPTS (PDF FORMAT) TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line should be, "SCRIPT SUBMISSION." Please include the writer's name, age, and city/state of residence in the body of the email.
DEADLINE: Extended to May 26, 2017